The Lake County Vector Control District is a public health agency that protects Lake County residents and visitors from vectors and vector-borne diseases. The District is an independent special district that operates under the California Health and Safety Code §§ 2000-2093, and is governed by its own board of trustees. Click HERE for a map of the District's service area. The Lake County Vector Control District’s Board of Trustees meets at 1:30 PM on the second Wednesday of each month at 410 Esplanade, Lakeport, CA. All meetings are open to the public. Click HERE for the current Agenda & Minutes.
The mission of the Lake County Vector Control District is to provide the citizens of Lake County with the highest practical level of protection from vectors and vector-borne diseases.
In achieving this mission, the Lake County Vector Control District shall:
- Be proactive in response to current and future vector threats;
- Respond effectively and courteously to the needs of the public;
- Inform and educate the public about the shared responsibility of vector control;
- Apply scientific principles to monitor, evaluate, and improve the District’s ability to fulfill its mission;
- Utilize the most effective and safest methods available for the control of vectors;
- Provide vector control services in the most cost-effective manner.